Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tribute

A tribute to our Beloved ~Gimini Cricket~
(I am going to let Mamma tell you about this , cause I just start crying and then I can't get my paws to type. I am not a big "nother'Doggie" Lover, but Gimini was there from I was a little baby, and I loved him)

This is Hanne, Sir Chance-Lot's mamma.

In February of this year, our 18 year Beloved little jack Russel Terrier
"Gimini Cricket"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


was ready and said goodbye, to go on to The RainBow Bridge.
It was, as I am sure all of both the doggies and doggie moms and dads out there can identify, one of the most difficult days in our lives. This little dog was with me almost from the the time I came to the USA, and my best friend and "shadow".
I always felt something real special around Gimini,something almost airy, and was extremely fond of him.
2-3 days after he had gone, Nanook and Pooka's mamma and Pappa went skiing in Colorado, and we had promised to have Nanook here while they were gone.
The day after Nanook came ( this was before Pooka came to live with Vanessa and Sandy)Chance and Nanook was outside playing soccer, and it was a snowy cold evening, like 5 pm ish in the middle of February. I pr. usual had my camera outside, in case something interesting happened, and took a few shoots of them playing and chasing the soccer ball together. Nanook tires sooner than Chance, and laid down in the snow to rest after awhile, and I snapped a couple of shoots of him. This was the first one I took, and Yes it was that dusky outside

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The Second one, that I snapped of him, was this one
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


When I came inside and downloaded the photos and saw this image where there should have been an image of Nanook , I just KNEW it was Gimini ,trying to tell me he was okay and maybe was missing us a bit, as I miss him terribly and extremely much so that day as it was only 3 days after he had left, and we all felt a big gaping hole in our family from his absence.

As we all know, Energy cannot Die, no matter what you do to it, and ALL LIFE is indeed such energy and light.
Our Bodies are simply just a ~shell~ we walk away from, when it has stopped serving us.

I wanted to share this with all of you, dogs and friends alike, and especially with Asta in NY and her mamma and Pappa, as they just had a one year anniversary of their little friend Nora's departure to the Rainbow Bridge.

Love and Hugz to All
Namaste
Hanne
~Begin today~ No matter how feeble the light~ let it shine as best it may~The world may need just that quality of light which YOU have~

P.S. This is SCL again...I hope you all have had time to see Mr.Robin Williams movie ~What D R E A M S may come~
cause that really helped me understand the Rainbow Bridge and All about it better :O)

Oh it is a BEAUTIFUL day here today, bet Maggie is cooler today too...Eh...Maggie?
Smoochies and Tailwaggins

Chance

7 comments:

Simba and Jazzi said...

What a beautiful and moving tribute. I haven't seen the film. but will watch it soon.

Simba xx

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Chance,
That's so touching... it kind of assures my mom that there is 'life after death'..

fee said...

yes it is light from gimini! someone who lives in the mountainous areas in japan sees these all the time just above a burial ground nearby. it is gimini alright; he's just lighter and more fluid now. :)

Amber-Mae said...

Awwwwww, what a lovely tribute this is Chance's mamma... I can't believe that Gemini actually came back to say hello to you & to make sure that you're alrite.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Ruby Bleu said...

OK, I'm a little weepy...not because I'm sad, but because it was so beautiful!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Charlie said...

What a lovely tribute to Gimini!
- Charlie

Asta said...

Chance,
pleez thank your Mommi for that special twibute, we cwied together, but felt a smile cweeping up on us as we saw the light fwom your sweet Gimini..we're sure all our loved ones are somehow awound us and will never twuly leave..we believe in love never ending, thank you
smoochie kisses
Asta and her mom