Monday, October 1, 2007

Housatonic River


Saturday morning I awoke to pappa calling my name, telling me it was time to go. No clue where,but I am ready and willing anytime for the word "Go". Mamma was already in the car.

I am sure you doggies already know by now, how much I love rivers and swimming...well, usually we go to the dogpark nearby our house, to swim in the river there, but the rivers is slowly vanishing, because of too little rain, and or global warming, so there is not much to swim in there anymore :o/, which makes me very sad. There is one river still that usually is so big that you can still swim in it even if there are no rain. I have never been there, but I have dreamt about it from the time Mamma told me it existed...well Saturday was the day I was going to get to see it.
It took about 40 minutes for us to get there in our car.


Usually you can not see the rocks in the water, but even
the Housatonic is very low.

Learn more


As I swam around in the beautiful clean water,

I was wondering what
lives in this river, when we came across this
He is a craw fish, not a lobster, and he had left* his shell, cause
(mamma told me this) a hawk came and maybe wanted to eat him.Yikes,
I am glad I am not a craw fish.
If you look straight down the middle of this pic. you can see my tiny head
in the water..do you see me?
Here I am pretending to fish for salmon. Mamma said that there are Russian salmon that lives in this river. Don't ask me how they got all the way from Russia to here, I guess they have to be very good swimmers.
If you ever want to go to visit this river, you should also know about this place, A little town called
"Kent"

On our way home we stopped here, but I was so sleepy from all the swimming that I did not even want to get out of the car, but mamma thought maybe
all the doggie mamma's would be interested in this little place in Kent:


Click here to learn more

Have a wonderful Monday everyDog
Golden Hugs
Sir Chancelot

6 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow Chance that river looked bootiful! And those pictures...well, I almost felt like I was there. You know, I live nears a river too...the American River, but I can't believe I've never been there. I need to talk to my Mom about that right away!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Molly the Airedale said...

We've been to Kent! That's pretty much where the Airedale rescue event is held! Kent is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
Beautiful pictures, Chance!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Joe Stains said...

I cant believe that tiny dot in the water is you, I'd be crapping in my swimtrunks! You sure look like you had a nice day at such a nice river!

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Chance,
I hope your mom got you something from the shop? The chocolate doggies are so cute!!

Amber-Mae said...

Wooooooow! The lake is bootiful & the scenery too. Takes my breath away! Man, I should live where you live now so that we can have great adventures together. I loooove swimming & I think it'll be more fun if I swam with you *wink*

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Simba and Jazzi said...

That a beautiful river.The water is so clear. Mummy is drooling over the chocolate.

Simba xx